Pastor McShaffrey taught an apologetics class entitled “Understanding Islam” during our Family Instruction Hour in the winter of 2011-12.
Study guides are available below:
1. Father Abraham – Exploring the shared historical and genealogical roots of Jews, Christians, and Muslims (Genesis 12-22)
2. Ishmael or Isaac? – Comparing the two different accounts of patriarchal history contained in the Bible and in the Qur’an.
3. The Islamic “Gospel” – Surveying what the Qur’an teaches about how Allah made us and how we can go to Paradise when we die.
4. The Islamic “Nativity Story” – Contrasting the Christology set fort in scripture with the Qur’an’s account of the birth and life of Jesus.
5. The Five Pillars – Surveying the main tenets of Islam as another example of man’s attempts to be justified by the works of the law.
6. The Concept of Jihad – Exploring the varies levels and types of “struggle” in which Muslims are called to engage.
7. Unholy Verses in the “Holy” Qur’an – Exposing some of the most ungodly and offensive sayings of the false prophet Mohammed.
Grace Reformed Church is committed to promoting and defending the biblical and reformed faith by providing Bible study guides and online. Please feel free to download and distribute these lessons (with appropriate attribution).