In March of 2008, we announced a Church Logo Contest; inviting members to create a logo that accurately and artistically reflects the identity and characteristics of our church.
The winning artist explained that he chose an Olive Tree theme, first due to its rich biblical imagery as a symbol of:
– Jesus Christ (Romans 11:17,24; Zechariah 4:3,12)
– The Old Covenant Church (Jeremiah 11:16)
– The Righteous (Psalm 52:8; Hosea 14:6)
– Covenant Children (Psalm 128:3)
– The Two Witnesses (Revelation 11:3-4)
– The Gentiles (Romans 11:17,24)
– The Remnant of Grace (Isaiah 17:6; 24:13)
– Peace/Growth (Genesis 8:11)
The artist was also confident that even the biblically illiterate would recognize the tree as a symbol of life, growth, fruitfulness, and stability.
The session agreed, adopted the logo, and expresses its gratitude to all who participated in the contest.